Thursday, July 15, 2010

advertising

Some advertisements catch the eye of its viewers instantly. Others cause the viewers to change the channel almost instantly.

In my opinion humor will catch the eye of the audience before any other type of advertisement. The videos we watched in class had one similar aspect; humor. A lot of advertisement try to incorporate humor into their commercials but one commercial recently has really excelled in this department. Sony's Ps3 has great commercial always bringing good humor and catchy phrases. One commercial especially does this by exploiting X box and Wii's faults in gaming design. Sony uses humor to advertise their new product but also puts down other game consoles. This commercial also gives Ps3 users a sense of superiority.

In the world of gaming consoles there are no generic brands. This makes it a make or break market. If you're not on top, your company will go out of business. Here is a link to the commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0puP8nrIU8

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick(:
    I agree about what you said about humor in commercials. I think that if you want to have a good commercial then it must have humor in it. It has to be funny and something I will take with me. Something I will remember always because it was so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete